All Asian's have there own version of hot pot dish.
I like this one for light and more delicate flavors of all the vegetables.
|This is Kombu. Dried seaweed.|
- 8 pieces dried shiitake mushrooms soaked and sliced.
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped.
- 1/2 inch of ginger diced
- 1 shallot sliced.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4cup mirin
- 2 TBSP of sugar.
- 2 (6-inch) pieces kombu
- 1 yellow squash sliced.
- 1/2 package of tofu diced.
- 3 stalks of green onions diced
- 1 cup of Asian chives diced.
- 4 ounces daikon, peeled, halved lengthwise, and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 medium carrot (about 4 ounces), peeled, halved lengthwise, and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 4 ounces napa cabbage, sliced
- 1 package of enoki mushrooms
- 1 pound (2 blocks) frozen, precooked udon noodles, or 8 ounces dried
Place the kombu in the bottom of the pot, add the liquid from the shiitake mushroom.
Add all the ingredients in a pot except for the noodles. Close the lid and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
Add the noodles close the lid and simmer for additional 10 minutes.
Ready to eat. There is really nothing to serve with. Everything is in the pot.